Home News Water Supplies Returning After Three Villages Affected

Water Supplies Returning After Three Villages Affected

0
44

Water supplies have started to be restored after up to 833 properties in Charing, Challock and Molash were left with low pressure or no water over the weekend, South East Water (SEW) has said.

The company said the interruptions started at about 7:45pm on Saturday.

In an update just after 6.30pm on Sunday, the compony said water had returned to “many” customers and that tankers were being used to support the network.

A bottled water station was open at Challock Village Hall, the water company said.

SEW said it anticipated supply interruptions would continue throughout Sunday evening.

Properties in the three villages were previously affected by water supply interruptions back in May.

Incident manager, Mike Court, said SEW was sorry for the disruption, adding: “The prolonged hot, dry weather has reduced water levels in local storage tanks, impacting supplies to customers.”

“We know disruption to customers’ drinking water supply is frustrating, especially during hot weather,” Court said. We fully acknowledge that this level of service is not acceptable, and our teams are working to resolve this issue as a matter of urgency.”

Court said SEW was moving water around the network to balance supplies, and bringing tankers to the area to support the local system.

Meanwhile, supplies to Benenden, Cranbrook and Rolvenden have been returned to the majority of customers.

Disruption in the area started on Saturday, affecting up to 1,383 properties.

SEW confirmed repairs to a burst water main on Swattenden Lane had been completed and the system recharged.

The company added that multiple pipe bursts and low water levels had caused airlocks in the network, affecting a small number of customers.

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Reply

Discover more from KentNews.Online

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading