There has been a large fire at a rubbish tip in Crayford.
The blaze was reported late last night at the Thames Road tip. There were reports of a large explosion at the site, which shook houses in nearby Bexley. It is unknown at this time if the cause of the fire was due to the high temperatures that caused something to explode, an electrical issue or whether it was started deliberately.
Local residents were reporting the smell of smoke, which hung over the Crayford area. Firefighters were soon at the scene to douse the flames.