Following its annual Help for Hospices fundraising week in December, Covers Timber & Builders Merchants, located in Canterbury and Tunbridge Wells, is donating £33,000 to 12 hospices across the South East, including Hospice in the Weald.
The Help for Hospices campaign has become a significant annual event for Covers Timber & Builders Merchants. Since its launch in 2015, £249,000 has been given, supporting hospices that play a crucial role in providing care to those in need.
Between 11th and 15th December, all Covers branches actively participated in fundraising efforts for their respective local hospices. As part of the commitment to giving back, the company pledged to contribute £1 for every metre of 4×2 timber sold during the week.
On Friday 15th December, each depot hosted a special fundraising day, with teams donning Christmas jumpers or fancy dress to add a festive touch to the occasion. The fundraising efforts included the sale of a variety of homemade treats, with all proceeds going to the hospices.
Rupert Green, Chairman at Covers Timber & Builders Merchants, commented:
“We are thrilled to support our 12 amazing charities with £33,000 through our Help for Hospices fundraising week. The generosity of our staff and support of our customers has made a significant impact on the lives of those in our communities who rely on the services provided by the hospices. We extend our thanks to every customer and member of our team who contributed to the fundraising total.”
The hospices benefitting from Covers’ Help for Hospices fundraising week are:
• Demelza Hospices in South East London and North Kent
• Hospice in the Weald in Tunbridge Wells, Kent
• Martlets Hospice in Brighton, East Sussex
• Mountbatten Hampshire in Southampton, Hampshire
• Naomi House & Jacksplace in Winchester, Hampshire
• Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice in Farnham, Surrey
• Pilgrims Hospice in Canterbury, Kent
• Rowans Hospice in Waterlooville, Hampshire
• St Barnabas House Hospices in Worthing, West Sussex
• St Catherine’s Hospice in Crawley, West Sussex
• St Peter & St James Hospice in Lewes, East Sussex
• St Wilfrid’s Hospice in Bosham, Chichester, West Sussex